- What the shutdown means to Florida The Affordable Care Act is the law. Tell Congress not to use the budget process to stop health care.
- FCAN/NAACP Oppose SNAP Cuts (PDF) (FCAN) is deeply disappointed that the U.S. House voted to support a stunningly harsh proposal to cut off food assistance for nearly 4 million of the most vulnerable Floridians — the poorest of the poor, children, seniors and even veterans. We are even more disappointed that US Representative Bill Young would vote to cut those services to about 3,000 people living in his district.
- Immigration is good for Florida FCAN fights for immigration reform. Read about the problem, the solution, and the bill.
- Stop Anti-Consumer Legislation FCAN Calls for Vetos of HB 55 "Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practices" and
HB 77 "Landlords and Tenants"
Press Release HB 55 letter HB 77 letter
HB 77, eroding tenant rights, and HB 55, radically infringing on the consumer’s ability to address auto fraud, will have an immediate impact on consumers at all income levels throughout Florida.
- FCAN Joins Fair Share Alliance FCAN becomes part of a new national network. What's up?
- Homeowner's Insurance Page What is the Legislature planning in 2013? What can you do to fight back?
- Don't Cut Social Security Washington wants to impose cuts to the annual cost of living increase (COLA) called "Chained CPI" Stop it today.
Fair Taxes: It’s time the top 2% paid their fair share. Ending the Bush income tax cuts for incomes above $250,000 would raise tax rates for 2% of the wealthiest to the same levels as in the Clinton administration and raise $1 trillion over ten years. That’s almost as much as all the automatic spending cuts. Find our more.
FCAN Car Buying Guide - insider information - new Auto Minute videos explain how to buy a car and be sure you're getting the deal you want.
Consumers required to invest in "cadillac" nukes that may never be built. Why should ratepayers put up the money? Don't we have "investor owned" utilities? How much more will you pay for Progress Energy's Crystal River meltdown?
- The Affordable Care
Act -- VICTORY!
After years of work by many advocates,
including FCAN, health care reform finally passes Congress. Now, the challenge is implementation.
FCAN members and allies demonstrate support for the Affordable Care Act at Rep. Dennis Ross' office in Lakeland.
Current FCAN Issues
3006 W Kennedy Blvd
Tampa, FL 33609
Contributions to FCAN support our grassroots lobbying efforts and are not tax deductible. Contributions to FCAN Foundation support our research, public education, and community organizing projects and are tax deductible.
A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES AND BY CALLING TOLL-FREE 1-800-HELP-FLA WITHIN THE STATE. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.
Send questions about this webpage to firstname.lastname@example.org