- FCAN stands for an America where everyone gets their fair share,
does their fair share, and pays their fair share; and where everyone plays by the same rules.
- Building A Fair Share Economy Starts With Closing Corporate Tax Loopholes
- Corporate lobbyists are already leaning on the new Congress to protect tax loopholes and cut taxes for big corporations.
Meanwhile, Congress isn't hearing enough about closing these loopholes.
That's a problem because a 2008 study showed that 83 of the top 100 publicly traded corporations operate subsidiaries in offshore tax havens. And it costs taxpayers $150 billion a year that we could use to better educate our kids or repair our roads and bridges.
Let's tell our members of Congress: It's time to close every loophole that allows big companies to hide their profits overseas. Let's make sure everyone pays their fair share and build an economy that works for all of us.
Florida Senator Bill Nelson is on the Senate Finance Committee and has an important voice on the way on this debate. Contact Sen. Nelson and ask him to end the loophole for offshore tax havens and invest that money building the middle class.
- We Moved! FCAN relocated to a new office in St. Petersburg's Grand Central District.
3110 1st Ave N Suite M
St Petersburg, FL 33713
- FCAN/NAACP Oppose SNAP Cuts (PDF) (FCAN) is deeply disappointed that the U.S. House voted to support a stunningly harsh proposal to cut off food assistance for nearly 4 million of the most vulnerable Floridians — the poorest of the poor, children, seniors and even veterans. We are even more disappointed that US Representative Bill Young would vote to cut those services to about 3,000 people living in his district.
- FCAN Joins Fair Share Alliance FCAN becomes part of a new national network. What's up?
Consumers required to invest in "cadillac" nukes that may never be built. Why should ratepayers put up the money? Don't we have "investor owned" utilities? How much more will you pay for Progress Energy's Crystal River meltdown?
Current FCAN Issues
3110 1st Ave N
St Petersburg, FL 33713
Contributions to FCAN support our grassroots lobbying efforts and are not tax deductible. Contributions to FCAN Foundation support our research, public education, and community organizing projects and are tax deductible.
A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES AND BY CALLING TOLL-FREE 1-800-HELP-FLA WITHIN THE STATE. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.
Send questions about this webpage to firstname.lastname@example.org